6 Best Bitcoin Mining Software for Windows 1012 min read20/02/2019
The Bitcoin mining software market is full of original offers with their benefits, features, capabilities, and drawbacks. Downloading and trying each solution is definitely a time-consuming and irrational task. That’s why we have prepared for you a complete comparison of the popular cryptocurrency mining tools. Learn which one is the best in your case.In recent years, the Bitcoin mining trend is continuously decreasing. According to Google Trends, people haven’t been that interested in this topic as they were in December 2019. Since the time of the most popular cryptocurrency reaching its top price of about $20,00 and then starting damping, society no longer has that enthusiasm about virtual money as before. However, many of us still hope to generate passive income in the long run.
At the time of rising buzz around Bitcoin, you could have a computer with a mediocre processor and graphics processing unit (GPU) to mine cryptocurrency. With the growing number of miners worldwide, the game rules have dramatically changed. Solo GPU mining works no more. Now you need to have mining farms or at least use special ASIC devices to earn rewards for creating new transactions in Blockchain. Whatever hardware you use, you should download and install suitable software to mine Bitcoins.
What is Bitcoin mining software?
Cryptocurrency mining software is a digital tool designed specially for mining virtual money based on the blockchain. Bitcoin mining software for Windows 10, Linux, or MacOS conducts mathematical calculations to generate new data blocks in the distributed ledger. For each generated block, miners get a reward equal to 12.5 Bitcoins (BTC).
In other words, miners provide the blockchain platform with their computing power while mining software connects miners to this platform and continuously try to calculate data block hashes using available hardware. This is how Bitcoin mining software works. Along with computing power, the other mining component is software. Its algorithms influence how fast it can calculate a data block hash.
Besides its basic function, mining software may have additional features that can improve the way the system generates new data blocks or simplify the management of this process for a miner. For example, you can use mining software to do the following:
- GPU “overclocking” (increasing the GPU mining efficiency);
- Computing power configuration;
- Hardware condition monitoring;
- Hardware component heating control;
- Enabling/disabling hardware components
It’s highly important to choose the right software for your hardware to mine Bitcoins in an effective way. You should pick a tool by taking into account its specifications and capabilities to make sure it’s compatible with your equipment and can use its computing power by 100%.
If you purchase a high-end AMD GPU with the capacity of 80 MH/s and install software that can perform calculations with a peak computing power of 40 MH/s, then your mining efficacy is only 50%.
How to choose mining software
When choosing mining software, you should consider those solutions designed for mining your target cryptocurrency. Digital tools rely on specific algorithms that vary depending on the type of virtual coin. For example, Bitcoin relies on Blockchain, IOTA uses the Tangle distributed registry, while Monero uses the CryptoNight algorithm.
Then you should pay attention to which operating systems considered solutions support. Some tools may focus solely on Ubuntu while other ones support multiple platforms. Furthermore, there are cross-platform solutions compatible with different operating systems at the same time. So if you use the platform from Microsoft, you should use a Bitcoin miner for Windows 10 or lower.
Another valuable aspect of choosing mining software is your hardware capacity. You should learn the specifications of available solutions and pick the one suitable for your equipment. If your processor is incapable of delivering the computing power of over 20 MH/s, then it makes no sense to install mining software developed to work with the minimum capacity starting from this value. Otherwise, it can overheat your hardware or even damage it.
You also should take a type of mining you’re going to use into consideration. In many cases, a particular solution focuses on a specific mining type. For GPU, central processing unit (CPU), or ASIC mining, you have to use separate tools. There also are solutions designed for multiple mining types, but you still have to separately launch software for each type of mining.
The other important aspect when choosing a Bitcoin miner is functionality. Many solutions offer additional useful features that can help you improve your mining efficiency. These features are:
- Various cryptocurrencies support. With some solutions, you can mine different virtual coins thus increasing your income by mining more profitable virtual money.
- User interface. With a user-friendly graphical interface, you can mine Bitcoins in an easy way without entering any scripts.
- Advanced configuration. Decide whether you need additional features like heating control, background work, automatic selection of calculation algorithms, etc.
Besides Bitcoin, you may need to have a capability to mine other cryptocurrencies like Etherium typically used for transactions in smart contracts. To avoid the need for installing other software in the future, choose the solution that supports various cryptocurrencies mining. If you’re a beginner in Bitcoin mining, use a tool that has user interface rather than requires console-based commands. Learn what else you can get in addition to the basic tool functionality to optimize your mining process.
Bitcoin miners for Windows 10
When you do your homework described in the previous paragraph, you can start creating a list of suitable solutions and highlight their advantages and disadvantages. Fortunately, you can use our own list containing GPU and CPU Bitcoin mining software that supports Windows 10.
Ufasoft Miner is a console-based tool with no graphical interface. This makes using this mining software complicated for those unfamiliar with console commands. However, you need no learning complex scripts to work with Ufasoft Miner. Moreover, the installation process is quite easy and typical for most solutions. To install it, you just need to launch the .exe file and follow ordinary steps provided by a common installer. Make sure you have downloaded the right and actual version.
- You manage how the system uses the computing power of your hardware.
- You can limit the working temperature for your hardware. The default value is 28.3°C
- You can change the number of involved cores and threads.
- You can edit the pool address.
- Antivirus software can identify Ufasoft Miner files as malware.
GUIminer is one of the most popular GPU Bitcoin mining software for Windows 10. It also allows users to mine other cryptocurrencies like Litecoin (LTC). The main characteristics of this tool are that it provides a user interface which makes the mining process extremely easy. So even beginners can learn how to use it. In just a few minutes after configuration, you can start generating new data block and get rewards.
Therefore, you have no need for typing scripts in or editing configuration files to set the solution up. However, GUIminer is a great tool for both professional miners and those who only explore the crypto mining theme. It’s worth mentioning that this software supports OpenCL solutions. So you can use different GPUs from various vendors like AMD or Nvidia.
The program also has a special version called GUIminer Script. The main difference between original GUIminer and its modification is that the latter allows you to mine cryptocurrency chains. In other words, this modification allows you to mine cheap cryptocurrencies. GUIminer Script also has a graphical interface which makes it as simple and comprehensive as the original version. The tool also offers various modes like CUDA mining.
- GUIminer has already been configured by default to support popular pools. Therefore, you have no need for manually configuring the connection
- GUIminer provides useful data on the dashboard. This data includes:
- hash rate;
- the number of invalid/accepted shares;
- the total number of share per hour.
- You can monitor your account balance in real-time.
- With GUIminer, you can launch multiple cryptocurrency miners at the same time
- The tool can function in the background and display important notifications.
- According to Github, the project hasn’t been updated since 2014.
- There’s no information about ASIC mining support either on Github or BitcoinTalk. That’s why you need to have a mining farm with numerous GPUs to efficiently mine Bitcoins with GUIminer in 2019.
NiceHash is a service for Bitcoin mining hardware renting. In fact, it’s an auction. By connecting their farm or ASIC devices to the platform, users can lease their equipment. However, the initial price is unknown since buyers have to make bids once this hardware becomes available. On the other side, miners participate the auction. Users with the highest bids get access to equipment and then can start mining Bitcoins. As a miner, you can choose a pool and another cryptocurrency besides Bitcoin.
The solution supports both AMD and Nvidia GPUs. It’s a good choice for beginners since configuration happens automatically. Furthermore, you have no need for choosing the most efficient algorithm because the system does it on its own. To determine this algorithm, the tool relies on other miners’ experience. In addition, you always can change automatic settings in case you know what you’re doing.
The hardware buying process is quite simple. All you need to do is register and replenish your account with the necessary amount. Regardless of the fact that you can mine various cryptocurrencies, you have to pay in Bitcoins as well as user receive rewards in the same coin. Due to the simple configuration, it’s a great choice for those unfamiliar with console-based mining software for Windows 10.
- You can connect to a wide range of mining devices.
- The service requires no prepayments and you can pay for hardware using your mining rewards.
- NiceHash Miners automatically selects the most efficient mining algorithm.
- The solution supports all popular mining algorithms as well as both CPU and GPU mining types.
- NiceHash also is ASIC mining software
- You can get a negative account balance because of your improper calculations.
- You can only receive payments in Bitcoin even if you mine another cryptocurrency
- In 2017, cybercriminals hacked the NiceHash platform. As a result, users lost around $60 million in Bitcoins (4,000 BTC).
CGMiner is a console-based Bitcoin miner. It’s rather suitable for experienced users who are familiar with writing scripts. However, the tool has a wide community that can help you with technical issues and configuration. This solution is one of the most efficient mining software for Windows 10 64 bit and 32 bit. It allows users to mine the cryptocurrency with a high hashrate using their GPUs.
One of the most important benefits of CGMiner is its GPU overclocking feature. Using this feature, you can improve your mining efficiency. The tool also uses a special protocol called NeoScrypt which can increase the overall profit as well. It also provides numerous configuration options, However, it can be difficult for newbies to sort these settings out.
- The initial software setup process is simple enough. It usually takes from 10 to 15 minutes to configure CGMiner
- The GPU overclocking feature
- The embedded notification system. The solution will notify you in case of any critical errors like hardware overheating or system crashes.
- No graphical user interface
- Unsuitable for beginners
Like CGMiner, DiabloMiner also is a console-based Bitcoin mining tool. It’s best suitable for experienced users since it has no user interface and requires manual entering commands. It’s free to use but you need to have a deep knowledge of MS-DOS. Besides Windows 10, it also supports Linux and MacOS operating systems.
The main benefit of DiabloMiner is that it allows miners to use both CPU and GPU cryptocurrency mining. It supports AMD graphics processing units starting from version 79 and Nvidia GPUs (version 8 or higher).
- DiabloMiner supports Windows, MacOS, and Linux.
- With this tool, you can use GPUs from various vendors like Nvidia and AMD.
- GPU and CPU mining support;
- Manual pool configuration.
- No graphical user interface
Like NiceHash, Awesome Miner is also a paid mining tool that has a user-friendly interface. However, it charges a fixed $30 fee if you work with more than 2 farms simultaneously.
For $85, you can manage up to 10 farms at the same time and count on technical support within half of a year. In addition, you can manage this tool via SSN, SMS, cloud services, or even remotely using a special user interface.
The most expensive Ultimate package allows users to manage up to 300 farms and provides ongoing technical support for $800. One of the main benefits of Awesome Miner is its simplicity. Even absolute beginners will easily understand how to use it.
- CPU and GPU mining support
- Automatic market analysis
- Bitcoin price monitoring
- Instant error notifications
- Earnings analysis
- Manual configuration as an option
- Suitable only for professional miners
- High cost
- When it comes to operating systems, Awesome Miner supports only Windows
|Bitcoin mining software comparison|
|Feature/Software||NiceHash Miner||GUI Miner||Ufasoft Miner||CGMiner||Diablo Miner||Awesome Miner|
|Automatic hardware detection||✔|
|Manual activation/pool switching||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
Which is the best Bitcoin mining software for Windows 10? This is the question it’s hard to answer without any background. Despite they all have the same basic destination, each of them is best suitable in particular cases.
If you’re new to cryptocurrency mining and prefer to avoid time-consuming learning technology aspects or configuration niceties, then use GUIminer. It’s free and easy-to-use due to its intuitive user-interface. If you want to mine coins but have no your own high-end hardware, then create a crypto wallet and sign up for NiceHash. With this tool, you can rent suitable equipment and start generating data block in the distributed network called Blockchain.
If you’re an experienced miner and plan to manage large mining farms, then Awesome Miner is exactly what you need. With this tool, you will get a detailed dashboard with mining progress data. Under similar conditions, you may also consider Diablo Miner in the case where you don’t want to pay for software. However, you should be read for manual entering console commands since this solution doesn’t have a user interface either, like NiceHash.
If you’re familiar with scripts and unafraid of console-based mining tools, you also may consider Ufasoft Miner. It provides a wide control over mining process configuration. So you can manually manage your progress. In the case where you want to use your hardware at its maximum and ensure as high Bitcoin mining efficiency as possible while having no desire to pay for software, then go for CGMiner.